Wednesday, November 11, 2015

End of the semester crunch.

This week has been soon busy! I have had so much to do, for school and not for school. This week, my time in my classroom has been minimal I hate to say. I am hoping to go for a full day on Friday and for most of the day tomorrow.

This week I taught a lesson to my second block, with both professors observing. The class I taught is one of the classes I have not been able to see much because of my school schedule, so I didn't know really know them all that well. This made me EXTREMELY nervous, not to mention our professors are enough to make anybody nervous (just kidding but really). I also found out, the day before, that there was a new student in the class, which really added to my stress. I thought the lesson went well, until I read the comments. They were not bad but really gave me some things to think about. I also received some great feedback from my CE. She was very complimentary but gave me some constructive feedback, which I really appreciated. I also realized that children get nervous when there are guests in the room as well. The students are well behaved anyway but you could tell they were trying to make a good impression on me and my professors. I do hope though, that they warm up to me as the semester goes along. There is not much else to report this week but next week I will be going a lot to make up for this slow week!!

2 comments:

  1. Madelyn,
    You did great. I appreciate how you have taken our feedback as an opportunity to grow. Remember- we were both student teachers at one time too...

    What are some things you can do to get your students to "warm up" faster? How can you send that message to your students? How does this relate to the NCTCS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madelyn,
    We've almost made it! I am so glad that you have been able to teach and receive feedback from your CE that was beneficial for you. I am glad that you have taken your CE's feedback as a tool for you to grow, and that is very important!

    ReplyDelete